Saturday, February 7, 2009

Early Valentines

Valentines day 2007 was our second first date (first post-mission date). Scott made me dinner at his Grandma Hickenlooper's house. Ironic because that is where we live now, he must have been trying to impress me with what would become our home. Anyway I had the flu the day before. So bad that I skipped school to lay at home and puke my guts out. You get the picture, so when we went out the next day I really had no appetite. Then last year the dental convention was on valentines day so I got home really late and was so tired from walking all day. But he had made me dinner and as always was really cute about it. Well this year we are going to be gone for Valentines day so we celebrated tonight, a week early, and what do you know I'm sick. I usually am in very good health, but because we are going to be gone next week, I have a sinus infection and I'm swarming with infectious stuff. But Scott is a good sport and made "our" dinner, complete with candles and Michale Buble. He is just to good for me.

Other fun info from this last week-end: Sunday Feb 1- Scott's 2 year mark of being home- he has now been home as long as he was gone, but the two years with him went by so much faster then the two with out him. Don't do the math, it makes me look bad, but Jan 27 was our 18 month anniversary. He had almost been home 6 months when I married him.

Also last Sunday was Baby Abby's blessing. We got to see everyone, I hadn't seen Mary's family since Thanksgiving. It is getting harder for all of us to be together very often.
Also last Saturday on our way to Julie's house we stopped to see an old friend, Mandy Beck Hull and her little family. It was so fun to catch up and meet her little one. I can't believe how long it has been and how hard it is to keep in touch with people.

When we got to Julie's house she was at a ward party and Grandpa and Grandma were there with Luke and Abby. I didn't think Luke would be OK with us watching him if Grandma left, but he loved playing ball with Scott and hiding in the closet and yelling for Scott to come find him. It was so cute how he would say Scott's name. Shelley got there a little later and Luke can say her name too. We will have to work on Auntie Wendy's name when we see them next week.

Sunday morning when we were trying to motivate Luke to get ready for church we finally had to tell him that Mitch was going to be there. Mitch and Chad and Mel and all the cousins. Julie said that as soon as they had him in the car for church, he was asking about Mitch. Luckily they were already there when we made it to the church. Probably not the most reverent that ward has ever been, but it was good to see everyone. Luke still calls Mitch and Chad "Meech" but Chad is a good sport and when Mitch leave next year for his mission the little kids will figure out who Chad is.

Oh ya, also last week end I taught my first cake decorating class. It was for the beehives in the ward of a lady that I work with. It was really scary but fun. I think the girls had fun, I enjoyed it. Not that I plan to go Pro or anything but it was fun to watch them learn.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

No way-Mandy has a baby?! How old? And is it a boy or girl? Do you have any pictures? That's so awesome-I'm excited for her-I had no idea.

That is so cute that Scott made you an early Valentine's Dinner. What a sweetheart. Where are you going next week? Anywhere fun?

I'm excited to see you in a few weeks!! Justin says that he wants to hang out with Scott while we're bunco-ing it up. :)

Oh-and would you or anyone you know happen to have a card table we could use for Bunco? If you know of anyone, let me know! :)

Unknown said...

It sounds like a fun time and busy! :) Hope you guys are doing well!