Saturday, February 20, 2010

She has a bed. A very cute one. She even has a brand new mattress but guess where she would rather sleep...Anywhere but there.
So this is what our bed usually looks like. I don't love it but it works. Anytime Scott helps me make the bed we have this conversation.
Scott: Wendy we need new sheets
Wendy: No we don't
Scott: Yes we do! These are wearing out
Wendy: Ok. We can get new sheets "when we move".

* Now we have been having this conversation for over 2 years and we have it at least every month. We have been talking about "when we move" for two and a half years like we are about to move tomorrow. Mainly because we never knew when we would move. And "when we move" we will have to buy a bed. The bed we have now is a Full and we will probably get a Queen- you can only handle a Full as newly-weds. It was a little to snug when I was pregnant. Anyway I really don't love the sheets but we didn't buy them so I don't complain. We got a down comforter last year for Christmas and then we bought the duvet cover after much deliberation- we don't make decisions well. And it has been okay. Nothing out of Better Homes and Gardens but it works. Well last week our young women's lesson *which I think I get more out of then the girls and I wasn't even teaching* made the point that you should love your home and you don't have to be on extreme home makeover to up date things a little and change things a little to make it better. And that little changes make a big difference. So I took it to heart. I wanted to do something better with what I had so I made pillow cases. Nothing big- but kinda fun. They don't match the sheets but they really didn't before.
Scott's pillow case

Wendy's pillow case- I thought they were fun! And I couldn't resist pulling out the embroider.
The finished project!

1 comment:

Doug and Julie said...

Cute pillowcases. Such a good point. I should do it more.