Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What did I get myself into?

So I had a "brilliant" idea about a month ago on my way home from work... I want to run a 5K this summer. It was just a passing thought but I made the mistake of telling my darling husband about it. Well it was less than a week later that he came home and told me that his work was running a 5K on May 29 and would pay his entry and so we would just have to pay for me. Why did I agree to this? I haven't exercised 15 times in that last 15 months (don't judge me... I was pregnant) anyway we were going to start last Monday but it rained :) but I knew if I didn't start I never would. My goal for Monday was to run for 10 min with out stopping... and I did 15 min/ 1 mile!! I was so excited. The next day Scott ran with me- 2 miles!!! This Monday we made it to 3 miles, we did that again Wednesday and again today! In the last 12 days I have run 9 times!! I can't believe it! The sad thing is I've gained weight- but I do feel healthier and my waist feels more toned. We didn't run yesterday and I felt like a slacker- so maybe this running thing will actually stick... We'll see.

3 comments:

Amber lee said...

This is awesome! I have often thought the same thing... a 5K would be a fun little goal to work towards. Good for you for actually working at it and not just putting it on your to do list. The 29th is coming up soon. Good luck!

Doug and Julie said...

Good luck.

Liz said...

you can do it Wendy! We believe in you!!!