Saturday, February 12, 2011

Award Winning Chili

ISU housing put on a chili cook off last night. 1st place was a new digital camera. I need a new camera and decided to enter. (who doesn't love a little friendly competition?) I had been trash talking with some other moms this week, so then I KNEW I'd never win... Well my white chili took first place!!!! I WON!!!!! I was so excited! I never win! My old camera was about 6 years old and had 3.2 mega pixels. My new phone has that many... any way this camera has 12!! times have changes :) Look for better pictures now! We'll see how this goes!

Oh, I also got a great trophy with a fake tomato and a real pepper on it!

ps...I'm still so excited!

3 comments:

Dani said...

Congrats! That's so cool :) That chili must be pretty good to take first place. Maybe if you get some time could you send me a message on facebook with the recipe? I'd love to try it!

Doug and Julie said...

What do you mean you never win anything? I seem to remember winning the best decorated booth at the dutch oven cook off. But a digital camera is way cooler. Way to go!!

Liz said...

Wow I am excited for you :) it was so fun to see you and scott and Ainsley we sure miss you! Yeah for the new camera:) we sure love your chili and feed it to people often :)