Thursday, March 3, 2011

Award Winning Chili Recipe

Here is my really cool trophy!
And here is the recipe:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut cooked cubed and cooked
1 med onion (Scott doesn't like them and I don't like to cut them so I use diced onions)
1 1/2 tea garlic powder
1 tea veg oil (I don't usually put this in)
2 cans great northern beans
1 can chicken broth
2 can chopped chilies (I don't put them in... Yuck!)
1 tea salt
1 tea oregano
1/2 tea pepper
1/4 t cayenne pepper (sometimes I only put in about 1/8 and it is enough)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 c whipping cream

In saucepan saute chicken, onion and garlic in oil until chicken is cooked (I use canned chicken so I skip this step and just throw the chicken onion and garlic in a pot and not the oil. I have boiled chicken and used that before too) Add beans, broth, chilies (no thank you) and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 min (I have used a crock pot before and just cooked it 4-8 hours on low and it is just as good!) Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Scott tops his soup with sour cream. We usually have chips and cheese with it! Really good and really easy!

Thanks Mim and Holly for the recipe!
We love it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: