Sunday, July 12, 2009

I AM A GROWN-UP

Today in Young Womens I was asked by a visitor what grade I was in! I should have told her 7th. I didn't want to make her feel bad so I just told her I am a leader and get asked that a lot. Tuesday I had a mom in our stake call me want me to take some stuff to her daughter at camp. I told her to just bring it over. When I answered the door she didn't really know what to say. I tried to take the stuff from here and she stammered and then said this is for Wendy. I smiled and said I was Wendy. She still didn't know what to say and said something about me looking young. When salesmen come to our door and ask for my parents I try to make them feel bad. Does that make me evil?

When I cut my hair off I got asked at work if I was new, yet I had worked there a year, maybe the short hair made me look older. Should I cut it off again?

Anyway I really am a grown up and someday I'm sure I'll wish people thought I looked 17 again, but for now I just want to look 23. Any ideas?

4 comments:

Matt and Erin said...

Haha! That is too funny! You look fabulous, Wendy! I get that too. I guess it's better than looking old! :)

Maija-Liisa said...

Haha that is so funny! When Jared and I lived in his grandparents house people would ask me ALL the time if my parents were home, and yes I also tried to make them feel bad. I think it's mostly becasue you are in an older neighborhood and people don't expect someone as young as you to live in a house that nice :) I don't get people asking for my parents here in the townhomes- they actually think I own the house!... my advice for you is to have a baby. People take you more seriously when you are pregnant for some reason! It's awesome. Anyway, I loved the story and I totally relate to it.

Doug and Julie said...

Your right, someday I am sure you will appreciate it. When I taught school I would get the same thing, it was frustrating because then it was hard to take myself seriously. Although I don't know who that is, I like what Maija-Liisa wrote.

Liz said...

hehehe yep your only option is to get pregnant. I still got asked if I was 17 after I cut my hair... sad but true :)