Wednesday, December 9, 2009

She's Here!!!!!!!!


At 6 pounds 4 ounces, 19 inches long and beautiful brown hair our baby girl is finally here, and on her due date none the less. Here is the recap of our day. Early this morning Wendy decided to send a mass text to some family members to tell them she was not having the baby yet so she wouldn't have to answer any calls regarding the subject. She also told her mom on the phone that nothing was happening, this was around 8:30. By 11 Wendy was having some pain in the lower abdominal region and by the time I stopped in at 12 for a quick lunch she was having contractions. I was just planning on meeting her at her doctors appointment at 3:45 when I got off of work, but a text at 2:30 informed me that she was in too much pain, so I picked her up and we headed to the doctor. Their we found out that she was dilated to a 6 and he told us we just better head to the hospital. So off we headed to the hospital, checking in around 5 PM. Then, finally after two and a half more hours she gave birth to our beautiful girl. I do have to brag about my wife though who went through the whole process with out any medication and with about 45 minutes left until the birth she ripped her IV out (accidentally of course, but she wasn't sad to see it go). Wendy, I'm so proud of you and love you so much. I know you will be such a wonderful mother.

9 comments:

Kathie & Brian said...

We are so excited and happy that mom, dad and Flo are doing so well!!! We are going to try to leave here around 8:00 so that we can visit the happy family. See you soon. Love, Grandma Kathie

Heather said...

hooooray! that is wonderul. congratulations you guys.

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful!!!!!!! Congratulations. You both will be such amazing parents. Can't wait to see more pictures and the name! :)

Jordon and Terra said...

Oh man she is so precious!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you! And way to be tough Wendy! I'm seriously impressed!

Maija-Liisa said...

Congratulations!!!!

Sarah said...

congrats!! That brings tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you guys. It makes me want to have another one! Way to go with no meds, that's the way to do it!!!

Doug and Julie said...

Congrats. She is beautiful and I am still so impressed about the no medication. I could not do it. I am so excited for you both and can't wait to meet her.

Liz said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you! She is a cutie for sure! Call us if you need anything!!

Doug and Julie said...

We want more pictures, please.