Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Newest Hobby

I am the proud new owner of the Aurora 430 (with embroidery) and i love it!! We had our first class last night. I was afraid it would be too basic and boring, but it wasn't. Apparently I over estimate my abilities. We learned how to take it apart and oil it. The teacher is really good. She knows a lot about sewing and was able to tell us how all the different models work (and there was a wide range of models there- everything from the most basic to all sorts of complex with touch screens and everything. ) However I have to wait 6 more weeks until my embroidery classes start and it is killing me!!!! ("exclamation point times five" Scott's quote. He got to hear me so disappointed yesterday when I found out how long I would have to wait to take the embroidery class.) Anyway more posts await I'm sure that have the projects I create.

4 comments:

Jordon and Terra said...

I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to be crafty and learn to sew and do all those fun things, but I don't think I have a crafty bone in my body! So learn for all of my kind out there! ha

Amanda said...

Yay!!! How exciting! I actually just got a new sewing machine too! It's definitely not as fancy, but we should get together and make all sorts of fun projects together! What are you planning on making first?

Unknown said...

That is so exciting!!! I didn't know you sew! How cool!!! I am very jealous! It's a beautiful machine and I am sure the embroidery class will be so much fun! Can't wait to hear about it!!

Sarah said...

That sounds like tons of fun!! I told Braden once we get a house that's one thing I really want is a sewing machine. I love to sew! I'm excited to see what you create!