Monday, January 25, 2010

Rite of Passage

We have finally started taking "the small pink one" out a little. I have been so paranoid about germs. I just don't want her to get sick. I have hand sanitizer by the front door, in my purse, the diaper bag, my church bag, and in the car. Just in case. However my prenatal teacher said hand sanitizer doesn't kill RSV. So hopefully we are at least killing the flu bugs. My hands are so dry from washing them all the time.

She went to Stake Conference and to church yesterday. She did really well. I knew I would have to be all ready an hour before so I could feed her and still be on time. We were eating lunch twenty minuets before church started and I said to Scott- We are doing good. We'll be on time... And then she pooped! and it got on her onesie. We had to take everything off. My class had started singing when we got there but Scott was good. I know now not to jinx myself.

When we took her to Stake Conference I was so excited to get to use the mothers lounge. I never had an excuse to go in there before. We were like pros with our "udder-cover" and cute diaper bag. It was fun to get to be with the other mothers and have something to talk about. It felt like a rite of passage. For years I have watched all the young moms, and admired them. I've been so excited for my turn to finally join this elite group. And now I can. The Few, The Proud, The Moms.

4 comments:

Doug and Julie said...

I love your new profile picture. You look great.

Sarah said...

Welcome! Just wait til she doesn't stay under the "udder-cover" anymore! Well maybe she'll be good and stay under for you. The blow outs will come to a stop, enjoy them while they last!! We need to get together!

Liz said...

I love your new picture! Super cute! I am glad you are getting out more... if only for your sanity :) Call me if you want a buddy :)

The Hulls said...

I think your baby girl is adorable. I am so happy for you guys. You guys are such a cute family. I hope sometime we can all get together.