Thursday, March 12, 2009

You're going to miss this

I was talking to a patient yesterday. She asked if I was married and then if I had kids. My response : No. We are just enjoying being newly weds. Patient: How long have you been married? Me: a year and a half. Pt: (she had told me earlier that she had 4 kids and had had the first one before she and her husband were married) I wish we had waited, My husband and I are so ready for the kids to be gone so we can enjoy being together. We never had that honeymoon time. If we want to go out it is a huge ordeal to find a sitter, by that time it is easier to stay home. If you want to go- you just go.

Now I don't say this as an anti-kids post. I love kids! And I want to have kids! I am always posting pictures of my nieces and nephews. I don't think anyone could say I dislike kids (except at the dentist, but that is because they bite me!) I just say this thinking "you know those prophets must know what they are talking about. there really is a time and a place, and if you confuse the system, you pay the price. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the direction and purpose it gives me. "

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so true - there really is a season to everything! Heavenly Father knows us so well! Have a beautiful day!!