Monday, April 19, 2010

Lessons Learned from Lightning McQueen

I was digging myself out of the week-end dishes this afternoon and I got to thinking... I like to have my house nice and tidy, but I don't enjoy cleaning it. In fact what in really enjoy is spending time with "the small pink one" and my husband and if that means the dishes go undone, so be it.

That lead me to think about the opening scene of the movie Car (I think I saw it 4 times in theaters- kid you not). Lightning McQueen is racing in the biggest event of his life, and he doesn't ever stop to get new tires. He races that whole time on the same set. Then in the final lap- he blows two.

So I was thinking: as moms- anybody actually- it is so often we do "gas-and-go" stops and never get new "tires". "Tires" could be anything like taking a nap or just a break to watch some TV. But just letting our batteries "recharge".

Cecelia Benson wrote: you don't have to can to get to heaven, goodness can't be measured in a jar. You don't have to sing or sew or wax your garden hose, you'll make it, be the best of who you are.

And with that thought- I'm going to go take a nap completely justified!

1 comment:

Doug and Julie said...

You can learn a lot from McQueen or any Disney movie for that matter.