Friday, April 9, 2010

Pennies are Moneys Too

Scott hates to use change, it collects on his nightstand or the dresses. I love to use change, it seems like free money to me for some reason. So I have been gathering it up and saving it. I planned to buy the stroller I wanted, but then I was given it as a gift. So I decided to spend my change on cloths. I had collected about $40. Not enough for my stroller but enough to get some new items of fashion. Well yesterday I went to buy a skirt and spend the rest of the change- not this wasn't pennies, just quarters, nickels and dimes but the lady at the counter thought this was awful. How dare I use change! It was going to take her and extra 10 minutes to close up- and she had no problem telling me this. The United States of America recognizes change as legal for trade- why is it such a faux pas to use it?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

that's awesome wendy!! I have a big tootsie roll container for all our change. I love change!

Amber lee said...

Michael and I take turns spending the money that collects in our little piggy bank. It is fun and I agree it feels like free money!